On 21 Oct 2008, at 4:30 am, Russ wrote:

Still having trouble getting my screen redraw to come to life. Very odd---

1) The window title bar isn't getting redrawn right either when a different app's menu steps on it. 2) If I use the normal NSView instead of my subclassed version, still doesn't work. 3) If I replace my subclassed drawRect with a simple fill-rectangle routine (using bounds) that increments the color each time it is drawn, then I see that a) my drawRect isn't the problem, and b) when I resize the window, I'm getting plenty of redraws in the portion being expanded with the new color, but the rest of the window interior is not changing.
4) Switched to compile/run 32-bit instead of 64-bit, no change.

Is a delegate for NSApp required? Haven't set one up yet. There must be some requirement that is tripping me up.

An NSApp delegate isn't required. I can't see how it would have any bearing on drawing anyway.

You mentioned that this is a Carbon or cross-platform port. Could there be some Carbon drawing calls that could be messing things up? For example manipulating the window's update and clip regions? They still exist... You'll want to make sure that in porting the code to Cocoa you eliminate anything that has to do with window/drawing management in the old code and only do Cocoa-based drawing.

I know you think the code is sensitive or difficult to post but without seeing at least the gist of it I don't think you'll be able to get much more help.

--Graham