Hello list denizens.

I've just created some UI with an NSDrawer attached to a regular window. I've done this before a while back and everything worked fine. I thought everything was fine this time too: the drawer opens on command, has the correct initial size, and behaves mostly normally except when I try to resize the main window (with the drawer open). The main window resizes just fine, but leaves the drawer exactly where is was (i.e. no effect on its size or position - i.e. because it is on the RHS of the window, it is left as an island if the window is made smaller horizontally, and covered up if the window is made bigger. When the window is resized (for instance, leaving the drawer isolated), it will move the drawer (as an island at a fixed offset) around with it when subsequently moved. If you grab the draw to resize it (i.e. pull it 'out' further by the right hand edge), it will suddenly snap back to where it should be on the right side of the window.

The NSDrawer appears to have everything it needs, but there most be something internally preventing the parent window's resizing from getting propagated (... or something).

I have no delegate set on the NSDrawer, only contentView and parentView outlets are connected and working. I just want default sizing behaviour, so don't have a need for the delegate notification (and assume everything should default without it). I do have some minimum size constraints set on the NSDrawer object (set in IB 3), and these are reasonable and correctly adhered to when the drawer is opened and used.

My Main Window is not (to my knowledge) special. There ought to be nothing that prevents normal messages going about their business - it's just a regular NSView hierachy. I am using Core Animation layers in the hierarchy, and have a few sibling views therein deliberately overlapping others (causing a warning in IB). Could it be that some issue propagating subview resizing in the Main Window would somehow prevent continuous resize messages from reaching the drawer's outer window? That seems like a non-sequitur as the main window ought to be able to separately indicate its outer frame size changes to the drawer, irrespective of what is going on within its bounds.

Anyway, I'm stumped (for the moment) and thought I'd fish on the list for ideas!

-- Lwe