The three applications I've written which use my Cocoa wrapper are normal
applications with the exception that they have LSUIElement set to YES, and
means they live in the menu bar as NSStatusItems, not in the Dock.
Therefore, as far as I understand from reading
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2083.html, Login Items is the
appropriate solution here, not a launchd service. Although it is worth
taking into consideration.

--
Steven Degutis