On Oct 27, 2008, at 4:05 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

if i call -[anObject performSelectorOnMainThread:aSelector withObject:nil waitUntilDone:NO] and then later throw an exception (of my own), which i catch, the deferred execution of aSelector never happens. note that the performSelectonOnMainThread, and the throw and catch are all in the same run of the run loop and are all in the main thread.

is this a bug (seems like it to me) or proper/expected behavior. if i didn't catch the exception, i could understand this, but as i said, i am catching it. if this is proper behavior, can anyone offer me an explanation as to why?

Sounds like a bug to me. File it with Apple <http:// bugreport.apple.com>.

Out of curiosity, since you're only trying to defer a message and everything's on the main thread, does it still happen with [anObject performSelector:aSelector withObject:nil afterDelay:0]?

Regards,
Ken