The famous TN2124
(http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2004/tn2124.html) has this to
say about debugging using zombies:

"You can use GDB to set a breakpoint on -[_NSZombie
methodSignatureForSelector:] to further debug this sort of problem."

However this does not appear to work. GDB cannot resolve this
breakpoint, and indeed the _NSZombie class no longer appears to exist
on 10.5.5 (and presumably all of 10.5). This test program illustrates:

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
    [NSAutoreleasePool new];

    id obj = [[NSObject alloc] init];
    [obj release];

    NSLog(@"Class of released object is %@, _NSZombie is %@",
NSStringFromClass(obj->isa), NSClassFromString(@"_NSZombie"));

    return 0;
}

This is the output I get on my machine when the above is run with
NSZombieEnabled=YES:

2008-10-30 12:54:42.810 a.out[28706:10b] Class of released object is
_NSZombie_NSObject, _NSZombie is (null)

So it would appear that NSZombieEnabled has gone to creating dynamic
zombie classes rather than simply using a single _NSZombie class as in
days past. Which is fine. Except that I no longer know where to set my
breakpoint. Am I doing something wrong, or what's the substitute for
-[_NSZombie methodSignatureForSelector:]?

Mike