On Oct 30, 2008, at 16:32 , Georg Seifert wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I found this with google, too.

The problem is, I want to build somthing like a font preview app. So it needs to be fast and may happen with 10 or even 50 fonts at once. And it may conflict with activated fonts.

Well, you can use the ATS calls to activate whole directories of fonts at once. There are also result codes you can check if fonts were invalid (when activating multiple at once). It shouldn't cause any conflicts. If the font is already active then it's already active.