On Oct 30, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Randall Meadows wrote:
On Oct 30, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Randall Meadows wrote:

When I hit, for example, the Page Up area of the scroll bar, it animates to it's new position; my reflection updates only a very small portion of this change. It doesn't at all when I hit the Page Up key, though. Is the animation process taking long enough that the very next line of code is executed before it's done, and therefore I don't capture any (or most) of the scroll? If so, is there some deterministic way I can tell when the scroll animation has completed, so I can update my view?

Just for grins, I changed my call to update the reflection to use

performSelector:withObject:afterDelay:

instead, and while that does help the paging issue, it completely breaks dragging the knob; doing that now, it doesn't update at all until I release the mouse to end the drag.

It also did nothing when I press the Page Up/Dn or arrow keys, either. So that's obviously not the solution.

I'll point out that the "Use smooth scrolling" setting in the Appearance prefpane makes a difference. With smooth scrolling off, any change to the scroll bar is handled correctly; with it on, I get the behavior I describe above.

I'd love to figure out to work around this.  Anyone?

randy