Dave Fernandes wrote:

delegate method: comboBoxSelectionDidChange

No, that's not right. The comboBoxWillDismiss delegate method is better, though it gives "false positives".

Consider this scenario:

1. I open the pop-up list.
2. I use an arrow key to change the selected item.
3. I press the return key to choose the item.

At step 2, comboBoxSelectionDidChange is called, but the text field has not yet changed. At step 3, comboBoxWillDismiss is called after the text has changed, though the documentation certainly doesn't make it clear that the delegate call comes after the text change.

On the other hand, if step 3 is replaced by

3a. I click away from the combo box, dismissing the list without choosing from it

then comboBoxWillDismiss is called though the text has not changed.