On Oct 31, 2008, at 7:53 PM, Mudi Dandan wrote:

I just found this in the release notes:

"The Cocoa Text System now allows the last visible line to have an ellipsis character appended if the entire content cannot fit into the specified bounding box. The behavior can be controlled with - truncatesLastVisibleLine for text cells. The -lineBreakMode must be either NSLineBreakByWordWrapping or NSLineBreakByCharWrapping for this option to take effect.. Also, the NSStringDrawingTruncatesLastVisibleLine flag can be specified to NSStringDrawing APIs that take NSStringDrawingOptions. The NSStringDrawingUsesLineFragmentOrigin flag must also be specified for the truncation flag to take effect."

That makes sense, I guess, but it wasn't mentioned in the NSStringDrawing header that I looked at, so I appended it to my bug report on the missing documentation. Glad you found that even after I pointed you in the wrong direction!

--
Adam