Back in Carbon, it was easy to use a nice square bevel button and tie a menu to the button with a little black triangle.

Does the same ability exist in Cocoa? I assume it does because the common gear menus have the look and functionality I want.

I do also see that a NSButton has a menu outlet, but this seems to be just for a contextual menu for the control.

I've got to be missing something painfully obvious, but what that is, I am not sure...

thank you.