According to another list, it's likely a bug.

On Nov 2, 2008, at 8:52 PM, Dave DeLong wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Dave

On 24 Oct, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Dave DeLong wrote:

Hi everyone,

At the top of every NSMenu I can find, with one exception (which I will get to), there are four blank pixels. These pixels separate the top of the first menuitem from the top of the menu. The one exception to this is an application's Help menu, where the first menu item (in Leopard) is the blue search box.

I'm building a menu that is very similar to the Help menu, and I'd like to get rid of those four pixels at the top. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Dave DeLong