Le 3 nov. 08 à 05:04, Chris Idou a écrit :

I don't seem to be having much luck getting localization to work. I've got a utf16 strings file in my project called MetaData.strings that contains:

"kMDItemFSLabel" = "color label";

Then in my code...

[[NSBundle bundleForClass:[self class]] localizedStringForKey:@"kMDItemFSLabel" value:@"nothing here" table:@"MetaData"]

MetaData.strings ends up in my English.lproj and get info says it is an English localization. But the code returns "nothing here".

I've also tried:

NSLocalizedStringFromTable(@"kMDItemFSLabel", @"MetaData", @"kMDItemFSLabel")

But that doesn't work either. Am I missing something?

You can also tried to launch your application with NSShowNonLocalizedStrings argument. With this argument localizedString... method logs error in the console. See the low part of <file:///Developer/Documentation/DocSets/com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.CoreReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPInternational/Articles/StringsFiles.html >