Hello I am working on a program that uses threads to add some multi tasking function to it and it works perfect on my PPC machine, but on every intel based machine that my friends use crashes. the crash report says that it is with this function below
+ (void)connectWithPorts:(NSArray *)portArray {
    NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
NSConnection *connectionToController = [NSConnection connectionWithReceivePort:[portArray objectAtIndex:0] sendPort: [portArray objectAtIndex:1]]; Recover *serverObject = [[Recover alloc] initWithProxy: [connectionToController rootProxy]];

        [(id)[connectionToController rootProxy] setServer:serverObject];

    [serverObject release];

    [[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] run];

    [pool release];
}
which is what I am using to set up the thread. I can't see a bug in there, but it crashes.

Things I have tried,
I tried reading the sample thread example on Apples site.
I tried following the example here http://lachand.free.fr/cocoa/Threads.html . I tried writing my own from those examples with only the things needed for it to work.
and that is it.

Hope you can help me maybe point me to a good tutorial.

Thanks,
Mr. Gecko