On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Ariel Rodriguez
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm playing with a REST implementation. Basically, i am following this
> tutorial:
> http://developer.apple.com/webapps/articles/creatingrestfulclients.html
> And, as you can see, the xml produced by the app is this:
> </country> </CountryData>
> Where each country has a country tag (the name). My question is how to parse
> an xml where there are nested tags with the very same name.
> I've tried to catch the country tag on
> parser:didEndElement:namespaceURI:qualifiedName: with an
> if([elementName isEqualToString:@"country"]) {}
> but this catch the parent and nested country tag. There is way to know the
> difference?

This is a classic example of where to use a finite state machine:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_state_machine>

Basically, you have an initial state and then an "inside country"
state. Then inside your
parser:didEndElement:namespaceURI:qualifiedName: you behave
differently based on the current state.