Hi,

I can't answer your first question, but concerning your second one:

check out NSPropertyDescription isTransient:. However, this applies to properties, not entities. I don't think entities can be transient in the true meaning of the word. But if all properties of an entity are transient, it probably has the same effect.

Best,
Sebastian