Try posting a NSTextDidChangeNotification with your text view as the object, after you do setString:

On 15-Nov-08, at 1:23 AM, Jean-Nicolas Jolivet wrote:

I have a TextView set up so its data is bound to my User Defaults controller so that its content is saved when I press a button...

If I enter some text manually and click on my "Save" button (the one that saves the preference) everything goes well, however, if I set some text to my TextView programatically, via its outlet like this:

[myTextView setString:@"Some text"];

and then click save... the User Default are not saved...

somehow it seems that the text view isn't "aware" that its content has changed because, if I set its text programatically, and then actually go in the text view and insert some more text THEN click save, it works...

It only fails when the textview's content has been set programatically only but not been touched by the user...

Any help would be appreciated....

Jean-Nicolas Jolivet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.silverscripting.com