On Nov 14, 2008, at 15:21, Brad Gibbs wrote:

My categories Popup Button (categoriesPUB) is bound to the categories array controller as follows:
Content.arrangedObjects
ContentValues.arrangedObjects.displayName
I've tried a variety of bindings for the popup button's selectedObject binding, but I'm not sure how to bind it in this instance.

If you care what the category categoriesPUB shows initially, you're going to have to have a "currentCategory" property on File's Owner and bind the buttons's Selected Object to that. You would change currentCategory yourself (KVO-compliantly, of course) whenever the user chooses a new product, and let the popup button binding change it when the user chooses a new category.

If you're going to have a "currentCategory" property, then you can bind typesPUB's content to File's Owner.currentCategory.children and everything should work. :)

I tried binding the typesAC's contentSet to File's Owner.categoriesPUB.selectedItem.representedObject.children
but nothing showed up in the typesPUB.

Was anything actually selected in categoriesPUB when you looked at typesPUB?

To debug something like that, you just have to go key by key, perhaps writing a line of code to fetch values so that you check them in the debugger to make sure what you expect.

Also, make sure you check the log for error messages. Mysterious lack of working is often accompanied by a useful message.