Yup... that was the problem... the URL was indeed bad... Thanks for the tip!

While I'm on the subject... I'm using CGImage because I read it would actually parse more EXIF tags than using NSBitmatImageRep's valueForProperty:@"NSImageEXIFData"

Just tested it... my initial image has like 50+ EXIF tags (camera specific tags etc etc...)

My resulting images (one using NSBitmapImageRep, the other using CGImage) both have 22 tags... so basically there is no advantage in using one over the other??

And isn't there a more efficient way of reading EXIF data? Not even half of the tags are read ....

Jean-Nicolas Jolivet