Hi guys. I'm working on the Unity game tool.

I'm trying to make my own eye dropper (user clicks eye dropper icon, clicks somewhere on screen to sample the color) but are running into an issue catching the second mouse click.

I'm creating a borderless NSWindow (that I move around under the mouse) and call setAlphaValue: 0 on it to make it transparent. Sadly this makes the window ignore mouse events, so the click activates whatever app is under the cursor.

I also tried setOpaque:NO and a clear color, but that had the same effect.

What is the recommended way of doing what I'm trying to do. Ideally, I would like to avoid making my own custom event loop - Unity is pretty picky when it comes to event handling, and doing this would be a large change. The code is compiled against the 10.4 SDK and has to run on that platform.

I've tried searching the net, the docs, sample code (roundtransparent window has the same behavior as I'm seeing), but to no avail. Does anyone have a hint?

Thanks,
Nicholas Francis