On Nov 20, 2008, at 4:28 PM, Richard S. French wrote:

My program compiled and ran once. Appeared that possible run away where table view was just being populated over and over again. I did a force quit. Now I am getting a debug error of ³BAD_EXC_ACCESS². All that¹s displayed on the debug screen is greek to me. How do I determine the error and correct?
Thanks.

Do you mean EXC_BAD_ACCESS? Here's a relevant bit of Apple documentation on it:

<http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2004/qa1367.html>

Basically you are probably over-releasing an object. I would try to narrow down where it is occurring by setting some breakpoints and stepping through your code until you crash. You could also try using NSLog before you release objects and see which log statement was the last one you hit before you crash.

The big headache would be if you are calling release on an object with a retain count of 1 that was sent autorelease some time in the past. This means that the exception will occur when the autorelease pool is drained, basically at some indeterminate point during your program's run. I recommend you look at this article on handling autorelease problems:

<http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?DebuggingAutorelease>

Good luck!