On Thursday, November 20, 2008, at 04:32PM, "Jean-Nicolas Jolivet" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I just renamed my project (according to the instructions here:
>http://aplus.rs/cocoa/how-to-rename-project-in-xcode-3x/
>  )
>
>However, I noticed that the "Executable" in my project still has the
>old name... should I (and how do I) rename it to the new name?
>
>Also, what exactly is the difference between "Targets" and
>"executables" ?? Seems like I am always editing/configuring the Target
>but never the executable...? What is the purpose of the executable
>anyway?

The "Target" contains the instructions to build (create) a version of your
application; the executable IS your application (and how it runs).

If, for example, you wanted to release separate 32 and 64 bit versions of your
applications, you would have two targets "MyApp32" and "MyApp64".  Your
executable might be named exactly the same.  The target contains all the build
parameters --- what compiler you're using and compile parameters, where the
build is supposed to go, etc. The executable section allows you to pass
parameters into your app, setup how debugging is supposed to happen -- all
run-time parameters.

Mark