What is the best way to change to a different window?  I have a main
window nib with a lot of controllers in it.  Currently the main view is in a
scrolling window.  I want to live-switch between that and a borderless
(optionally full screen) window or a resizable (non-scrolling) window.

    I'm sure I could do this by duplicating or triplicating the nib,
changing what is necessary, closing the window, change out the window
controller in my document, open the new window. However, I don't like the
duplicity of this approach and the need to synchronize future changes in
similar nibs.  Is there a better way?

    NSWindowController has "setWindow", but it also says: "This method
releases the old window and any associated top-level objects in its nib file
and assumes ownership of the new window. You should generally create a new
window controller for a new window and release the old window controller
instead of using this method."  What are "associated top-level objects"?  I
don't want anything else to go away, although I would have to code a few
wiring changes.