[Removing [EMAIL PROTECTED] from the reply, because I'm not subscribed]

Keith,

When you say that none of the options you've tried make a difference, does that include this one?

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSXMLNode_Class/Reference/Reference.html#/ /apple_ref/doc/c_ref/NSXMLNodePreserveWhitespace

-Jeff