Le 24 nov. 08 à 18:03, Mike Abdullah a écrit :

On 24 Nov 2008, at 16:45, John Terranova wrote:

On Nov 24, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

You call -mainFrameDocument on your WebView to get a DOMDocument instance, and have access to the DOM functions from here (there is no up-to-date doc of the Cocoa DOM API, you will have to check headers files directly to see what function is available, for example the DOMDocument.h file show you that there is a - [DomDocument getElementById:] method.

Is it possible to use the DOM functions without first creating the WebView?

I want to download a webpage and parse its contents without ever displaying the page. I currently parse the html text directly, but it is somewhat cumbersome. If I could just walk the DOM structure, then that would likely be much cleaner.

No, this is not possible. But there is no reason why you have to present the WebView to the user. Just stick it in an offscreen window and wait for it to load.

Mike.

I don't think you have to create an offscreen window at all. Creating the WebView and loading the URL programmatically is enough to access the dom tree.