Hi,
Let's say I have a plan for a simple app. Nothing too fancy, in a way. To name
an example, it could be one like ShoveBox or Things. Mine is probably simpler
than those. (It will be a good looking UI and icon that will be more trickier
part for me.)
I've already read more than half of Hillegass (3rd edition) and now I need to
know what chapters I can safely skip.
These are the chapters I'm considering skipping:
--------------------------23. Drag and Drop (skip until I actually need any
dragging and dropping)
24. NSTimer (I doubt I will need any delaying)
27. Web service (This one I'm not as sure about. For example, do auto-update
mechanisms in Cocoa apps rely on web services, and hence, the info in this very
chapter?)
30. Core data (because I'm not using CoreData. Not NSArrayController either.
I'm going to code without them to start with.)
31. Garbage Collection (because I'm not using garbage collection)

32. Core Animation (don't see why I would need that)
33. A Simple Cocoa/OpenGL Application (again, don't see the need atm)
34. NSTask (again, no need apparent)--------------------------
So I just wanted to make sure you all agree with the chapters I am planning on
skipping. Please consider especially the chapter 27 on web service, because if
that update mechanism all Cocoa apps out there seem to have rely on the info in
this chapter I will need to read it.
Thanks, U