Hello List,

I'm in my baby steps on Cocoa Development, Objective C in particular. My question is in regard the following situation:

Imagine that we have a cocoa application, "App_A" which create an object with information introduced by the user (the object is rather ellaborated and complex). At the very last point of this application, I would like to pass that object as input to another application, say "App_B", and then finish the execution ("App_A"). What are the tools provided by cocoa / objective-C to cary this out?

I have been exploring and found NSKeyedArchive which may be useful, but I found it odd to force to the class of the objects (and all the classes that it uses) to conform NSCoding protocol. Is there a better option to do this? I wonder if that could be done in a "fork -exec" fashion as well, maybe using NSThreads? (Note that App_A will end just after calling App_B)

Thank you very much in advance!
Best
Jose