On 28/11/2008, at 2:07 PM, Jean-Nicolas Jolivet wrote:

mmm just in case I wasn't clear (I realize I might be looking at this from the wrong angle): I would want to use "Quick Look" to show preview of images in my app, I dont want to write a Quick Look plugin so that my custom document type can be previewed in the finder or anythign like that...

What I want to do is basically what Mail.app does with attachment...There's the save button, and next to it there's a little Quick Look button that will show the attachment in a quick look window... I would like to do that in my app, with bitmap images that are already on the file system...

There's no public API to do this at present. You'd need to create a temporary file and use the "qlmanage -p /path/to/thefile" tool via NSTask.

Of course, you'd need to write a QuickLook generator in order for the temporary file to be previewed correctly.

If it were me, I'd just use a custom preview class as you have already done.

--
Rob Keniger