First, I am new to Cocoa, so I apologize if this question is super simple.

I am currently reading through "Cocoa Programming for Max OS X", and
am trying to create a simple example of a NSTableView that is bound to
an NSArrayController which is bound to an NSMutableArray in my
application controller class.

However, when I change (i.e. add) data in the NSMutableArray the
changes are not reflected in the NSArrayController. If I modify the
NSArrayController directly, I can see the changes in the NSTableView

After a lot of searching, I found this post:

http://chanson.livejournal.com/85659.html

which basically says changes to NSMutableArray will not automatically
be picked up by the NSArrayController. However, even If I implement
the solutions in that post, it is still not working for me.

For example:
-----

-(id)init
{
        if(![super init])
        {
                return nil;
        }

        broadcasts = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];

        return self;
}

-(void)awakeFromNib
{
        NSLog(@"hello");

        Broadcast *b = [[Broadcast init] alloc];
        b.startTime = @"1000";

        //[broadcasts addObject:b];
        [self insertObject:b intoBroadcastsAtIndex:[self countOfBroadcasts]];
}

-(void)insertObject:(Broadcast *)b intoBroadcastsAtIndex:(int)index
{
        [broadcasts insertObject:b atIndex:index];
}

-(int)countOfBroadcasts
{
        return [broadcasts count];
}
---

So, I have two questions:

1. Should I just manipulate NSArrayController directly? (I am
populating data from a tab delimited file).

2. Does anyone have an example of how to get the NSArrayController to
notice the changes to the NSMutableArray that it is bound to?

3. Should I just skip all of the data binding, and glue up everything myself?

Thanks for any help and input...

mike