Sandeep,

If your datasource returns paths, your view should be automatically a drag source. If your datasource returns images, I think the only thing you have to do is to implement

- (NSUInteger) imageBrowser:(IKImageBrowserView *) aBrowser writeItemsAtIndexes:(NSIndexSet *) itemIndexes toPasteboard: (NSPasteboard *)pasteboard;

in your datasource and fill the pasteboard with the info you want for the specified indexes.

more info here:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/IKImageBrowserDataSource_Protocol/IKImageBrowserDataSource_Reference.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSObject/imageBrowser:writeItemsAtIndexes:toPasteboard:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Conceptual/ImageKitProgrammingGuide/ImageBrowser/chapter_4_section_6.html

-- Thomas.