On Nov 28, 2008, at 9:12 PM, Alexander Shmelev wrote:

I cut off code after [self window], originally it looks like following:

I suspected that you might have. In the future, please indicate this more clearly.

I tried to call [NSWindowController window] outside init, but it fails.

Where and when did you make that call, and what do you mean with "fails"? Returns "nil" instead of the window?

Then I tried to replace NSWindowController and initWithWindowNibName with NSObject and [NSBundle loadNibNamed:owner:] but it fails too.

I tried to use NIB 2.x instead XIB 3.x, but it still fails.

Again, what does "fail" mean here? Have you made sure to connect the window outlet from the window controller to the window in the nib file? That's a *very* common source of problems.

In my experience window controllers are very robust and predictable. I'm surprised to hear that you have problems. I suspect that we will figure out what's wrong, and that you will be able to fix it easily and then move on.

j o a r