On 02/12/2008, at 5:08 PM, Daniel Luis dos Santos wrote:

Hello,

Not sure I should ask this here.

How do I get time measurements in milliseconds? What is the accuracy of the mac's C library implementation ?

I am using the clock() function from time.h and measuring differences in seconds between the trigering of a NSTimer.

The NSTimer fires every 0.1 secs, and in the event code I measure the difference between the current clock() call and the previous. I then divide it by the CLOCKS_PER_SEC constant and get two orders of magnitude difference than the interval in the timer. I get 0.001 secs instead of the 0.1 of the NSTimer.

Any ideias ?

You can use the Microseconds() call to get microsecond-accurate timing. It's declared in CoreServices/Timer.h.

This page has some handy info on making use of it:

http://www.meandmark.com/timingpart2.html

--
Rob Keniger