Hello!

I submitted this question to the CocoaDev forums, but didn't really
get a good response:

I am having a rather frustrating problem with an NSTabView in my
preference pane. Basically, I have a simple NSWindow that contains an
NSTabView. This NSTabView contains 4 empty tabs. I managed to
configure autosizing through the size inspector in a way that causes
the NSTabView to correctly fill the content of the NSWindow when I try
out the UI in Interface Builder. However, when I load this preference
pane in System Preferences my NSTabView isn't stretching horizontally,
introducing ugly spaces on the left and right side of the NSTabView.

Has anybody seen this behavior before? The way I am working around
this problem is by making my NSWindow 668 pixels wide (the full width
of the System Preferences' window), instead of the recommended
(http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/PreferencePanes/Tasks/Creation.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000709-96872)
595 pixels. I would like to do what Apple recommends, but only if I
can make it work aesthetically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Eric