Gerriet,

(This really belongs on the xcode-users mailing list rather than cocoa- dev, I think.)

Following instructions I found on the web, I created the file "~/ Library/Preferences/com.apple.DownloadAssessment.plist" with the following contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd ">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>LSRiskCategoryNeutral</key>
        <dict>
                <key>LSRiskCategoryContentTypes</key>
                <array>
                        <string>public.item</string>
                </array>
        </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Then I logged out and logged back in. This provides a permanent solution to the dialog problem, not only for Xcode docs but in general. If you want a more specific solution, try this:

sudo find /Developer/Documentation/DocSets -exec xattr -d com.apple.quarantine {} \;

Unfortunately, it could take hours to complete, and you'll have to repeat every time you download a docset update.

Also, please file a bug at <https://bugreport.apple.com/> to provide an easy, documented way of turning off the warnings. You can reference <rdar://problem/6321484> "Are you sure you want to open it? Are you sure you want to open it? Are you sure".

-Jeff