Hi Gerriet

Somebody wrote a nice Xcode plugin at:

http://0xced.blogspot.com/2008/09/quietxcode.html

I never tried it myself, but thought it was a cool idea when I googled for a similar problem.

Regards,
Patrick

On 02.12.2008, at 08:26, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:

Whenever Xcode is running, I get hundreds of lines like:
02/12/2008 14:02:37 Xcode[451] Xcode(451,0xb0103000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr = 0x3af12c0, has non-zero refcount = 1
in my Log Files (Console Messages).

I am ready to believe that this is something quite innocent and not to be worried about.

I might even be persuaded that logging these innocent messages is vitally important and that they really must be shown to every user. (Might take some persuading though).

Ok. So I did Console.app -> File -> New Log Database Query... and intended to do something like
"Show all messages where Sender is *not* equal to Xcode".
Somehow I could not do this.

But there is "Sender matches regex". As there are a lot of different regex syntaxes I turned to Help to teach me which rules are used by Console.app.
But, as I almost expected: "No Results Found".

So: can someone tell me how to get rid of these "malloc: free_garbage" lines? It really makes it difficult to see the important console messages among all this garbage.

Kind regards,

Gerriet.