Hello,

I'm trying to implement a popup menu with a 8x9 grid of small rectangles
to choose from...

I'm trying to use Cocoa's pre-defined functionality as much as possible,
but it seems even from examples from Apple that doing grids in popups
just isn't very Cocoa-ish...

Seems the NSMenu is really only meant to be a list of stacked items (1
per row)...

What I'm doing right now is creating a menu with just 1 item and giving
it a custom view that handles tracking, drawing, and other events...

The most non-standard thing I'm doing is introducing timers to simulate
the flash that happens on mouse up when an item is selected...

Does anyone else have any better ideas to do this in a more standard
way?

Thanks,
Brian