I created a tab-less NSTabView with seven tabs. Each tab is selected
programatically using selectTabViewItemWithIdentifier: (for testing purposes I
have also used selectTabViewItemAtIndex: and selectedTabViewItem:).

At first I noticed that the tabs weren't changing. It was stuck on the default
tab item. I double checked the identifier strings for each tab item, then tried
using the other methods for changing tabs. Still no luck. I implemented the
following delegate method:

- (void)tabView:(NSTabView *)tabView didSelectTabViewItem:(NSTabViewItem
*)tabViewItem
{
  NSLog(@"tab view item %@ was selected.", [tabViewItem label]);
}

According to the run log, the tabs are being selected. I also ran this through
the debugger and confirmed that a new tab item is being selected. It's just the
tab view interface that is not changing. This problem is the same on both Tiger
and Leopard. Has anyone else experienced this before?