OK.  I'll leave it.  Thanks all.

On Dec 3, 2008, at 1:29 PM, David Duncan wrote:

On Dec 3, 2008, at 12:09 PM, David Blanton wrote:

I searched the archives and found no useful information on how to remove the Special Characters menu item from the edit menu.

There is no sure fire way to remove this menu item.

I want to remove this item ... is removing this item a good or bad practice? If bad, why?

It is not recommended, as it is part of the Mac OS X user experience, as it is provided to allow the user to easily enter special characters. Why do you want to remove it?
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing

David Blanton