Well I'm trying to declare an outlet to my app controller in my custom view but as soon as I added it, the app wouldn't build anymore... (I get 2 errors, one where AppController declares an outlet to my custom view, and one where my custom view declares an outlet to my AppController)

Not sure why... there's no specific error messages (just "Syntax Error before AppController" and "Syntax Error before CustomView"