In continuance...

Alright, so it isn't strictly KVO...:)  But it looks like it...:)

Anyway, is there a way to know when the "stuff" in the cell changes?

Most everything I can find is relative to when the user interacts with the control. But I can't find anything, as yet, for when the user doesn't, but the code does...

For instance, when the window displays, there is a value in the text field for the path/image. Yet the image doesn't load. Is there an event/method that I can utilize to push the image? I only found windowDidLoad, which didn't do it.

It also appears that I'll have to implement mine own MoveNext/MovePrevious methods in order to push the picture (although I still need to test that first).

Thanks!

Peace, Love, and Light,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

This "monitoring" needs to happen whether the user types in a field,
or, there is a choice made via NSOpenPanel, or the record is scrolled
(meaning moved next, moved previous).

So, using the beginning of the KVO below (which is the route I
suspected I'd have to go, but not sure exactly how), would I need to
add other delegate methods to handle the other cases?

Also, is dragging the delegate from the text field to the File's Owner
the same as the awake from NIB call, or do I need to add the
awakFromNIB as well?

Thanks!

Peace, Love, and Light,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II

Quoting Ken Tozier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Something like this should get you in the ballpark

MyController : NSObject
{
        IBOutlet NSTextField            *imagePathField;
        IBOutlet NSImageView    *imageView;
}

// register controller to receive messages from the text field
- (void) awakeFromNib
{
        [imagePathField setDelegate: self];
}

// when user hits return key, the text field calls this handler
allowing you to respond
- (void) controlTextDidEndEditing:(NSNotification *) inNotification
{
        // check message type
        if ([[inNotification name] isEqualToString:
NSControlTextDidEndEditingNotification])
        {
                // type OK, check which object sent message. (can be used to
respond
to multipe text fields)
                if ([inNotification object] == imagePathField)
                {
                        // get text from field and try to load it into a new
image
                        NSImage         *tempImage      = [NSImage
imageWithContentsOfFIe:
[imagePathField stringValue]];

                        // set the image in the image view
                        if (tempImage != nil)