Le 6 déc. 08 à 00:22, Påhl Melin a écrit :

2008/12/5 Sherm Pendley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Dec 5, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Påhl Melin wrote:

2008/12/5 Sherm Pendley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

You'd have far, far less trouble programming for the Mac if you'd simply learn how Cocoa works, instead of trying to reinvent .NET in Objective-C.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

That's why I asked in the first place. I didn't know how Cocoa works
in regards to timers.

I understand that - and it's a good point. But consider how you asked the question. If you don't know how Cocoa works, how is it that you've already decided that you shouldn't use a run loop? That's putting the cart in front of the horse, IMHO. The fact that you don't use a run loop to build timers with some other framework doesn't imply that you shouldn't do so when you're
using Cocoa.

I didn't really decide I shouldn't use a run loop for the timers. I am
porting a library from another platform and just wanted a quick answer
if I could get a similar timer API behavior in either Cocoa, Core
Foundation or BSD Unix (with a preference on low-level for
efficiency),

What make you think lower level mean more efficient ?
Just do it the simple way (CFRunLoopTimer) and if it not efficient enough (after profiling, and testing), think about an other way to do it. But you will hardly find a difference between CFRunLoopTimer which are a very thin wrapper in mach timers, and kevent's timers.