On 6 Dec, 2008, at 9:52 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Shot in the dark here...

I noticed you are using ballFrame in your timer event, but not in your "reset" event.

Is that your issue?

That's a good idea, but I don't believe so:  when I replaced my

[ball setFrameOrigin:NSMakePoint(125,125)];

line with these:

        NSRect ballFrame = [ball frame];
        ballFrame.origin.x=125; // move the ball
        ballFrame.origin.y=125;
        [ball setFrame:ballFrame];

I have the same outcome:  the ball stays stuck.

Thanks for your reply, Jon.

Michael