Hi,

On Dec 10, 2008, at 2:26 AM, Xianyu_Ge wrote:

thanks for your reply. I means in my project, I want to use NSTask to launch an application, and send application some parameters, when use NSTask launch application that will add a new thread, right?

As far as I understand, you use NSTask to launch your application. But this does not imply that a new thread is created to monitor the launched process, unless of course, if you setup your own thread to monitor the process. So I think you assume that NSTask will use a thread but this is wrong. NSTask is just a wrapper around execve(), no threading involved here.

and then send Apple event, when application received Apple event , it will quit, usually, the thread starts by NSTask will exit, because the application had quit, so I don't understand this, if use NSTask launch application more times, thread count will always increased, even if application had quit. I appreciate that any reply, thank you very much.

You can use ThreadViewer to convince yourself that there's no threading involved by using NSTask.

EG

---
Best Regards,
                                Xianyu