You need something like

NSLog(@"%.2d Hours, %.2d Minutes and %2d Seconds Remaining",
hoursSelected-seconds/3600, (hoursSelected*60-seconds/60)%60, (hoursSelected*3600-seconds)%60 );

On 11/12/2008, at 11:03 , Chunk 1978 wrote:

i believe i painted myself into a corner here... i have a
NSPopUpButton with 3 items.  1 Hour, 2 Hours, 3 Hours.  each item has
respected tag numbers 1, 2 and 3.  i'm attempting to print out time
remaining but i can only get as far as displaying seconds remaining
with this:  NSLog(@"%.2d Seconds Remaining", (hoursSelected -
second));  but i would like for the log to output @"%.2d Hours, %.2d
Minutes and %2d Seconds Remaining";  i can't wrap my head around it,
and i fear that my trying to be as if/else statementless as possible
by using the tag numbers of the PopUp Menu is causing me problems.

-=-=-=-=-

-(int)timeMenuSelection
        {
        return [[menu selectedItem] tag];
        }

- (IBAction)startTimer:(id)sender
        {
        startTime = [NSDate timeIntervalSinceReferenceDate];

        [killTimer invalidate];
        [killTimer release];
        killTimer = nil;

        killTimer = [[NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:1 target:self
selector:@selector(updateTime:) userInfo:nil repeats:YES] retain];
        }

- (void)updateTime:(NSTimer *)theTimer
        {
        NSTimeInterval now = [NSDate timeIntervalSinceReferenceDate];
        NSTimeInterval interval = now - startTime;
        int second = (int)interval;

        //Tag #1 x 3600 Seconds = 3600 Seconds = 2 Hours.
        //Tag #2 x 3600 Seconds = 7200 Seconds = 2 Hours.
        //Tag #3 x 3600 Seconds = 10800 Seconds = 3 Hours.

        int hoursSelected = ([self timeMenuSelection] * 3600);

        if (second <= hoursSelected)
                {
                NSLog(@"%.2d Seconds Remaining", (hoursSelected - second));
                }