OK so it has been a long long time since I did anything in IB.
So I started an app like I did at NeXT -  70% of my app is GUI.

I created a new project in xcode, I then got into IB
and created my layout - buttons,
text fields, etc. connected them all together with actions
and defined my outlets, then tried to get the details back
into xcode and found out you can no longer sync from IB to xcode,
but only the other way around.

Am I missing something?

This is one of the 2 complaints I have since the NeXT days.
You should be able to develop in both directions (xcode to IB
and IB to xcode) and Apple needs to bring back the uninstall option for Installer.app
like we had in 1993.

Thanks for your patience and any tips!

Ian