Namaste!

In my app I have the following (a Save Panel call):

[sp beginSheetForDirectory:sDefDir
                      file:@""
            modalForWindow:[self window]
             modalDelegate:self
            didEndSelector:@selector(didEndSaveFileSheet:
                                          returnCode:contextInfo:)
                                         contextInfo:nil];

That call then calls this:

- (void)setDownloadPathName:(NSString *)aString
{
     [self willChangeValueForKey:@"mDownloadFolderPath"];
     mDownloadFolderPath = aString;
     [self didChangeValueForKey:@"mDownloadFolderPath"];
}

sDefDir is a class member NSString that is set on awakeFromNIB (set to NSHomeDirectory). I know it has a value because it is used to prior to any of this stuff and works fine. It is only set in awakeFromNIB and remains unchanged otherwise.

When I run the program and watch the call, hovering over the variable shows me its value is "invalid." Other runs show it has garbage data. I assume this is why the Save Panel call jumps to where it does, although why there I haven't a clue.

'Course this leads to me ask WHY is sDefDir invalid??? What happened to it and where did it happen? I don't have any other place in the code that sets sDefDir - only awakeFromNIB.

Anyone have a clue???

Thanks in advance!

Peace, Love, and Light,
/s/ Jon C. Munson II