Hello, list,
I'm finding it hard to understand the way the proposedRect should be handled in the NSTextContainer's lineFragmentRectForProposedRect:sweepDirection:movementDirection:remainingRect : method. The problem arises in certain cases where i get a weird proposedRect t. Usually the proposedRect that is initially passed, has a zero X origin and a very large width. But in certain cases, i get a proposedRect like say X=25; Y=18; Width=120; Height=14 even though i didn't return this as the remaining rect in the last call. I don't understand why it's X=25 instead of being 0. Now considering that my container width is 400, and there is a square hole in the text container that will intersect the proposed rect at X=55; and Width=50, should i divide proposed rect as:

rectToReturn:X=25;Y=18;Width=30;Height=14 and rectRemained:X=105; Y=18; Width=15; Height=14?

Or should the rectRemained extend till the right edge of the text container?

I'd appreciate if some one can help me clearing the concepts.
Thanks,
Chaitanya