I have an application that opens a sheet. The sheet needs to read and
write information to NSUserDefaults.

If I built this in ActionScript (which i am familiar with) I would
pass the appropriate information to the sheet, and have the sheet send
a notification / event (which the controller would listen for) that it
needs to have some values saved to NSUserDefault. i.e. only the
controller would actually read and write NSUserDefaults.

Is this the appropriate architecture in Cocoa? Or should I just pass
an instance of NSUserDefaults to the sheet, and have it read and write
as appropriate (The controller will also read and write to it for
other settings).

Thanks for any feedback and input...

mike