On Dec 12, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Robert Mullen wrote:

I have an NSWindow that unfortunately is in the Main nib of my project (to be changed later) and is being shown modally from the default NSWindow using beginSheet:modalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:. How can I trap when this modal sheet is displayed from within its controller? I could do awakeFromNib if it were loaded from its own NIB but that will not work for now. I have not been able to get an NSWiindow delegate or notification to fire when opening this way.

Are you able to observe NSWindowWillBeginSheetNotification on the NSWindow that will display the sheet?

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.