On Dec 13, 2008, at 11:56 PM, aaron smith wrote:
Ah, yeah that was it. And I had the "release when closed" box checked
in IB, which was causing it to crash. Unchecked that and we're all
good.

Sort of.

How many times will the user display the about panel in an average session of working with your app?

Most likely, the answer is once.

Given that, do you really want to cash the about panel and all related objects? CPU wise, it costs nothing. Memory wise, it is a bunch of objects. As well, there is the window server's bit of bookkeeping related to the window.

b.bum