Hello,

I am trying to enable dropping dragged iCal events onto my Cocoa application's icon, e.g. in the Dock.

While it was fairly straightforward to support ICS files that are dragged from the Finder (setting NSFilenamesPboardType with extension "ics" in the target's document types, and implementing - (BOOL)application:(NSApplication *)sender openFile:(NSString *)path in my application's delegate), I haven't been able to support iCal events that are dragged directly from iCal.

I analogously tried defining a document type for what I presume will be an NSFilesPromisePboardType, but I'm not sure what to put in the fields. Neither using extension "ics" nor MIME type "text/calendar" works. As for my NSFilenamesPboardType document type, I set the Store Type to "In memory".

So in essence my question is: How can I tell my application to accept iCal events dragged directly from the iCal GUI?

If you have any tips or pointers, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,
Yang